How to request an 'Incomplete' grade

Students in the Registration Annex"An instructor may issue an incomplete to their student. The incomplete grade must be made up no later that one calendar year following the grade assignment, or it will automatically revert to the alternate grade assigned by the instructor.

Students who receive an "I" grade can not officially register for the same course in which they received the incomplete.

Incompletes will be given only in cases of emergency such as accident, illness, or family emergency. Extensions to the one year deadline may be granted for good cause only if the instructor approves and notifies the Admissions and records office" (DVC Catalog - Academic Policy).

Students may request their alternate grade at any time during the year by requesting this at the Admissions and records office.

Back to top