Associate Degree for Transfer Degrees

Information about the Associates in Arts or Science (AA-T\AS-T) for Transfer 

These degrees are different than the standard DVC AA or AS degree, please see a counselor for more information about the differences between standard versus transfer degrees.

If you have earned an AA-T or an AS-T, you will be granted priority admission to the CSU system into a similar major as a junior as long as the you meet all of the eligibility requirements.  Once admitted, you will only be required to complete 60 additional units to qualify for the baccalaureate (BA or BS) degree.

These degrees do not guarantee a student admission for a specified major or campus, but requires the CSU to grant a student priority admission to the local CSU campus and to a program or major that is similar to the AA-T or AS-T as determined by each specific CSU campus.  Please see the links below for additional information.


In order to be eligible for an AA-T or AS-T, students must complete the following:

  • 60 semester units or 90 quarter units of coursework that would be eligible for transfer to the California State University, including IGETC or CSUGE
  • Coursework in a major as defined in the DVC Catalog
  • Earn a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework

Information about CSU Admissions for student with an AA-T or AS-T

Current DVC AA-T and AS-T Degrees


Back to top