|Department Chair:||Loc Huynh|
|Office:||San Ramon Campus|
Degrees and certificates offered by the Computer Information Systems and Business Department
Associate in science degree
Certificates of Achievement
Certificates of Accomplishment
Statement of Program Goals and Objectives
The Computer Information Systems (CIS) curriculum as outlined herein provides a comprehensive program designed to prepare students with broad technology skill sets required by careers in any of the many industries that comprise the economic backbone of Contra Costa County, such as Manufacturing, Information Technology (IT), Financial Services, Education, Healthcare, Retail, Construction, etc. CIS jobs go by a variety of titles, including applications developer, programmer analyst, software designer, customer support specialist, help desk technician, workstation support specialist, database designer, database analyst, database security, network control operator, network security administrator, internet developer, webmaster, internet systems integrator, among others. Completion of this degree or the certificates will provide excellent preparation for a student interested in a career in a variety of industries in any of those job categories.
Students will acquire basic occupational competencies enabling them to perform the duties of Information Technologies and Management workers as identified by the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
1. Provide technical assistance and training to computer system users.
2. Investigate and resolve computer software and hardware problems of users;
3. Perform the duties demanded in any modern office environment.
4. Design and maintain static and dynamic web sites.
5. Integrate elements such as graphics, animation and streaming media on web sites.
6. Develop and implement database systems for stand alone or internet based deployment.
7. Use technology to manage multi-faceted projects.