Interested in a career in the trades? This just might be the place for you.
Accepting applications for Spring 2013!
Please complete our online application.
Attend our next information session on December 6 from 6- 8 p.m. in DVC's Trophy Room.
- a full time training program designed to assist students in preparation to pass the entrance exams for a variety of apprenticeship programs or gain entry level employment in the trades
- suggested age is 18-30 (older students may also apply)
- offered during the spring term each year
- contact the program director for more information.
Program goals and benefits:
- acquire real world experience
- increase confidence
- strengthen your ability to pass math/English exams pertaining to desired field
- learn cutting edge curriculum designed to industry standards
- earn industry certifications
- reduce your training time in these condensed classes
- upon successful completion of the program you may be eligible for:
Requirements for Pre-Apprenticeship Program:
- must be 18 years of age prior to end of term
- high school diploma or GED
- valid California driver’s license (or the ability to obtain one by the end of the term)
- need to improve skills in math and English
- commitment to the full time program
- desire to enter an apprenticeship or other employment in the trades
- industry requires a drug free work place (Students must pass a drug test during the term to obtain a recommendation from the program to one of our apprenticeship partners).
Our staff will work with you to define your career goals and look for a job. We will help you to:
- prepare a resume
- practice interviewing
- find job openings
- fill out applications
- obtain an interview